We're hiring part-time team members.
Success Story: One fantastic previous employee was here for 3 years from her junior year of high school through her first year of college. When she got back to school the first fall, her classmates and teachers agreed she had the coolest, most interesting summer job of anyone in her class! She went from filling bug repellent to learning bookkeeping - with lots of growth in between. Now she is spreading her wings in the world of finance with invaluable entrepreneurial studies experience under her belt.
Interested? Email us at email@example.com
HERE'S THE SCOOP
Are you the right person for the job?
Want to join our sister-owned, health-based, planet-loving, family business? Looking for a part-time job working for a global natural personal care products brand based on the Southside of Chicago?
Not only are our natural personal care products (lifestinks deodorant and lifestings bug repellent) more effective than our chemical counterparts - they are MADE IN BEVERLY on the Southside. The factory is in our home. We live above the shop.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Production and Fulfillment Assistant is cross-trained to both make and ship our natural personal care products - and then the job grows from there! On production days, this includes labeling, mixing, filling and heat sealing products. When working in fulfillment, this includes processing, picking, boxing and shipping orders of our Duggan Sisters products to retail and wholesale customers. In both roles, you will keep track of inventory levels.
This role requires the ability to do detailed work with your hands, multi-task efficiently, and the ability to lift 50-60 pounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES - PRODUCTION
- Assistance in product labeling, mixing, filling and heat sealing.
- Daily clean up of production workspace, tools and machines.
- Maintain storage & inventory organization of 100 product elements.
RESPONSIBILITIES - SHIPPING & OPERATIONS
- Process, fulfill and ship orders to our retail and wholesale customers.
- Writing personal thank you notes to each customer.
- Maintain inventory organization and counts.
- Maintain orderly shipping department and common areas
All sound good to you?
Yes? Great! OK, here's our description of the ideal qualifications for this never-boring job:
QUALIFICATIONS - PRODUCTION
- experience in baking/culinary arts, following recipes
- ability to work with your hands (such as wrapping gifts or crafting)
- attention to detail
QUALIFICATIONS - SHIPPING & OPERATIONS
We have a semi-automated shipping process. The ideal candidate has a balance of tech skills and a human touch:
In terms of automation:
- tech savvy/comfortable with computers (Mac experience a plus)
- comfortable learning new software programs
- experienced in troubleshooting hardware such as printers
In terms of people and offline skills:
- from time to time this role needs to interact with customers via phone or email, so being friendly and professional in both writing and speaking is key.
- neat hand writing or printing for thank you notes is ideal.
QUALIFICATIONS - ALL TEAM MEMBERS
- being positive, collaborative and a team player
- ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly
- willingness to learn and improve techniques
- quality- and detail-oriented
- ability to multi-task
- flexible and able to adapt to changes
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
Last, but definitely not least, you should understand and value the Duggan Sisters brand mission and values. We are a sister-owned, health-based, planet-loving, family business dedicated to producing the most effective personal care products that happen to be natural.
WANT TO APPLY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Please send your cover letter and resume if you've got one* to firstname.lastname@example.org Let us know why you are qualified and the best person to join our team.
*If this is your first job, let us know what other things you've done with school, extracurriculars, odd jobs (such as babysitting, lawn care, family responsibilities).
Be sure to include your address, cell phone and email. If you are going to be considered, we will contact you within 3 business days.